Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Week 8: #19 Web-based apps: They're not just for desktops

I think I could really get into Zoko! I do so MUCH in Microsoft and Zoko seems like a less complex alternative. Along with Writer; Notebook, Message, Show and the spreadsheet all look like very good possibliites for uses. Also being able to switch from one to the other is a lot easier in Zoko than going from one Microsoft function to another (such as Word to Excel). I also like the ability to have access from any computer to my Zoko. Unless I would attach a document to an email at home, I wouldn't be able to retrieve my Microsoft documents from anywhere than HCPL desktop. (At least I don't think so.)

For instance if you had a PowerPoint Presentation EARLY in the morning and wanted to make changes you wouldn't have access from home. With Zoko Show you could edit the night before and have it ready at work the next morning.

The post below was done in Zoko Writer and posted through the publish option. (Note: For some reason Library Elf was late in notifying me on my cell of a date due. I got notice today, 10/31/07 for an item due 10/29/07. Did Horizen have anything to do with this?)

No comments: