Monday, October 1, 2007

My Bloglines Experience Week 4, # 8

I enjoyed watching Rhoda's video on RSS. At first I didn't know what was going on, but then realized bloglines is just a way to sort through numerous websites and select those of interest to you. When your newspaper is delivered there is so much information literately thrown at you at your door. Of course when you look at the index you can find just the section you're looking for. Same with bloglines you can sign up for just the sites you're interested in and forget the rest!

I couldn't for some reason view the CNET video. I kept clicking and clicking, but it never started. I was able to view the video on You Tube.

I just jumped in to Bloglines and set up my account, using an old nickname. I avidly clicked on my interests and many sites and came up with nothing except the 7 already selected. Going back several times I did one by one add a view and can now have easy access to CNN, Urban Legends and "Quotes of the Day" and well as a literature site.

23 Things Everyone Should Know is a learning challenge of discovery. Sometimes there's frustration, but you come out in the end with a great sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. Also you feel like technology is no longer leaving you behind.

As ever,

Gamer

1 comment:

mcpont said...

I have no idea what that all meant, but you write too academically for a plain old blog lol. Make it more casual Mom!