Monday, November 26, 2007

Week 10: # 23 Is this really the end? Or is this the begining?

This is the end the for Postits blog, but not for my future in blogging. I have enjoyed going through all (most) of the exercises, but describing my experiences with the exercises on the blog has been the most satisfiying. Many times I wanted to keep a journal, then wanted to keep a blog, but didn't know how to go about it. Now I have the expertise to do so.


Flickr is something I hope to keep going in keeping pictures on my home computer. Editing photos goes hand in hand. Avatars are fun and I can't see not continuing with them. Although I will probably not have the expertise (although who knows after completing iHCPL Learning 2.0) to post a podcast, I will certainly research them and listen. Library elf will also remain with me both at email at work, home and cell phone.

Between YouTube and podcasting; library programming, short videos and visual tours allow our branches to be viewed and/or heard throughout the world. RSS and wiki are great assets for finding information and keeping us connected.

I would like to thank the staff who designed and posted iHCPL. You did a fantastic job. What a wonderful learning experience for all who particiated, both staff and library customers. With the self-paced exercises those already with the expertise could sail right through. Those like me who had never been introduced to the likes of RSS and Wikis could go over and over the information before attempting exericses and blogging.

I would also like to thank the Administration for giving all staff the opportunity to learn this new technology.

Gamer

No comments: