Monday, September 24, 2007

September 22-23 Weekend

Enjoyed my daughter's visit this weekend. My husband, son and I picked her up at the bus stop and went home to an Erev Yom Kippur dinner of cabbage rolls, , mashed potatoes, Challah, wine, and apple strudel. Following services we had a break the fast of bagels, lox, cream cheese, kugel, fruit, cottage cheese.

Sunday my daughter and I went to the Galleria and shopped for a few things and had lunch at Kona Griill. Which I highly recommend. We had ahi seared tuna in a fresh greens salad with ginger dressing and peanut sauce on the ahi tuna, goat cheese, asparaguss, mushrooms and tomatoes on a pizza and turtle cheesecake for dessert. Yum!

From the Galleria I took her back to bus stop and she went back on her merry way back to school.

Watched an excellment movie called G-d is also the Sun (something like that) with Gena Rowlands and a young actress from Mean Girls. The young actress plays a nurse who recently lost her father and Gena Rowlands plays a terminally ill Jewish cancer patient. The young nurse becomes the private nurse for Mrs. Eisenbloom.

Highly recommend this as well.

Until next time,

Gamer

No comments: